The Agile Development Advantage
This ninety-minute free webinar (with an additional thirty minutes at the end for Q&A) will deepen your understanding of how to apply the Agile principles to help you build valuable software. We make the business case for Scrum and XP (Extreme Programming) development practices by examining the differences between waterfall and iterative development, and show how Scrum and XP development practices address the challenges inherent in building software. We look at why constructing software is different than constructing tangible products and how the principles and practices of Agile help us to “build the right thing” and also to “build the thing right”.
Attending this webinar you will give you a deeper understanding of the principles of Agile software development that will enable you to:
- See how Agile software development differs from waterfall development.
- Use Agile to help the team add business value quickly by reducing the cost of change.
- Understand what the Standish Group’s CHAOS Study really means for building software.
- Welcome and accommodate change when it happens rather than resisting it.
- Support Agile practices that reduces risks for rapidly developing quality code.
Your Instructor, David Bernstein
My continuing passion for software design and construction has led him to train more than 8,000 developers since 1990 for clients that have included Microsoft, IBM, Yahoo, Boeing, AT&T, Sprint, Medtronic, SunGard, State Farm, MetLife, and Weyerhaeuser. As a longtime IBM consultant, I trained software engineers around the globe, giving them the skills to write the next generation of applications and operating system software while earning one of the highest satisfaction ratings in the history of IBM education. Since 2006, I’ve devoted my consulting practice to providing organizations with training and coaching for software developers and teams transitioning to Agile and Scrum.
View a pdf version of this page.