Beyond Legacy Code is filled with practical, hands-on advice and a common-sense exploration of why technical practices such as refactoring and test-first development are critical to building maintainable software. You’ll discover how to avoid the pitfalls teams encounter when adopting these practices, and how to dramatically reduce the risk associated with building software–realizing significant savings in both the short and long term. With a deeper understanding of the principles behind the practices, you’ll build software that’s easier and less costly to maintain and extend.
To see a video, read excerpts, and learn more, visit my publisher’s website, Pragmatic Bookshelf.
Would you like me to sign a copy of your book you purchased elsewhere? Here’s how to get your copy of my book signed:
- Purchase my book from Amazon by going to http://BeyondLegacyCode.com Alternatively, you can purchase my book at Pragmatic Bookshelf or other fine booksellers.
- Send your copy of my book to me along with your return address. My address is: David Scott Bernstein 3602 NE 140th Street Seattle, WA 98125.
- Once I receive your book I will sign it and mail it back to you. It’s that simple.
Please note: I’ll pay return postage to get the book back to you (in the United States only) but please include your return address so I know where to send it. Also, please note that it may take a few weeks for you to receive your book back as I’m often on the road traveling.
In the News
Here’s some of the press and media around Beyond Legacy Code:
- Agile Amped Interview at Agile 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JwUxJe019w&feature=youtu.be (5 Aug 2015)
- Video Podcast with Dave Prior at Agile 2015: http://vimeo.com/135767793 (8 Aug 2015)
- Henny Portman’s book review: https://hennyportman.wordpress.com/2015/08/08/book-review-beyond-legacy-code-nine-practices-to-extend-the-life-and-value-of-your-software/ (8 Aug 2015)
- Plus, download a handy chart Henny made with 126 strategies from the book.
- UK Software Jobs Book Review: https://www.uksoftwarejobs.co.uk/Candidates/BeyondLegacyCode (27 Sep 2015)
- DZone interview: https://dzone.com/articles/beyond-legacy-code-with-david-scott-bernstein (17 Dec 2015)
- Continuous Discussion organized by Electric Cloud – Metrics that Matter: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cjk31sbqv585ub1d3epp4rne6a4 (26 Jan 2016)
- Ryan Ripley’s Agile for Humans: AFH 029: Beyond Legacy Code with David Bernstein and Woody Zuill [PODCAST] (11 Mar 2016)
- i-Programmer: http://www.i-programmer.info/bookreviews/4-methodology/9641-beyond-legacy-code.html (16 April 2016)